For even those who love shopping, it can be frustrating and exhausting. Here are a few tips to ensure a more positive and successful trip.
1. Give yourself time. Try to go when you can spend 1-2 hours looking for what you need. This also means, giving yourself time before a special event, at least a month (if applicable). This way you can visit stores as well as shop online. (Zappos, Nordstrom and Asos are my go-to for online shopping because they offer both free shipping AND free returns)
2. Wear easy to change out of clothing and shoes. Think less layers, no button downs and do wear slip on shoes.
3. Wear your hair and makeup for what you are shopping for. So, your typical day-today for workwear and weekend wear. Wear a little more makeup than your typical day when shopping for special occasion.
4. Stay positive, I know easier said than done. It hurts my heart hearing the dressing room self body shame comments from other women doors down from me. STOP! Every body is unique and beautiful. Finding clothing to balance and flatter your proportions is a process. The more you try on the better you’ll understand your body and what clothes work for you. If you don’t know your body type, I like this post on finding your type.
5. Know what style or look you are going for. This may sound obvious, but most people appreciate good design and different aesthetics. It’s easy to get distracted…”oh that’s cute”. Have a specific plan of what you are looking for. Let’s say an oversized sweater, only try on sweaters at the stores you go to.